Your privacy is important to us, that’s why we take extra care of it. Blackberry Productions are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Where “we”, “our” and “us” is used, this refers to Blackberry Productions and where “You” or “Your” is used, refers to the user.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Blackberry Productions Limited, is registered, and operates, in the United Kingdom with registered number 7586064.
Postal address: Blackberry Productions, 11 Greenbox, Westonhall Road, Stoke Prior, Bromsgrove, B60 4AL.
Our business and internal computer systems, including this website, have been designed to comply with the following national and international legislations with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
Our website’s compliance with the above legislations' means that this site is likely to be compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries.
If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation, you should contact us.
When we collect and use your personal information, we ensure we take extra care of it and use it in accordance with our privacy principles which are set below:
- Personal information you provide is processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner.
- Personal Information you provide is collected for a specific purpose and is not processed in a way which is incompatible with the purpose for which we collected it.
- Your personal information is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed.
- Your personal information is kept accurate and, where necessary kept up to date.
- Your personal information is kept no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed.
- We will take appropriate steps to keep your personal information secure.
- Your personal information is processed in accordance with your rights.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- Information relating to any live chat transcriptions between us and you and the data you have inputted. For example, Name, Email address, Company and Phone number;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us for our newsletters, technical documents and eZine;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- Any other information that you choose to send to us;
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to our business
- Which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at Mail@blackberryproductions.co.uk;
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may use your data to contact you if you have expressed an interest in our business. Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service and the most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
You are in full control of how we use your personal information for marketing purposes. We will only contact you if you have agreed that we can. If you wish to unsubscribe from emails sent by us, you may do so at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions that appear in the footer of all the emails that we send.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
International data transfers
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Your rights under GDPR
In particular, but without limitation, you may have the following rights under applicable European data protection law:
Right of access: You have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not we process personal data from you and you also have the right to at any time obtain access to your personal data stored by us. To exercise this right you may at any time contact us.
Right to rectification of your personal data: If we process your personal data, we shall endeavour to ensure by implementing suitable measures that your personal data is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which we collected your personal data was collected. If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to obtain the rectification of such data.
Right to erasure of your personal data or right to restriction of processing: You may have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data or the restriction of processing of your personal data.
Right to withdraw your consent: If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before the withdrawal. To exercise this right, you may at any time contact us.
Right to data portability: You may have the right to receive the personal data concerning you and which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit those data to another controller.
Right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you have a concern but we would appreciate it if you discussed any concerns with us first.